PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY SCHEDULES
The following operational plan shall serve as implementing guidelines for the professional staff salary schedule adopted by the Board of Education:
1. The professional staff will be employed by the Board based on the recommendation of the superintendent.
2. Maintenance of the salary schedule is dependent on the local levy approvals and continued state financial support.
3. The minimum contract period for all full-time certificated personnel will be determined annually by the school district.
4. The professional salary schedule does not apply to extended contracts or extra-duty contracts.
5. Experienced teachers who are new to the school district may receive credit for previous experience. No one can advance more than one (1) step vertically and one (1) column horizontally per year. The salary a teacher will receive will be determined at the time the teacher contracts with the district, or by June 1 for tenured teachers. A teacher cannot progress on the salary schedule after entering into a contract for a school year, unless authorized in the contract.
6. In order to advance on the salary schedule for completion of additional college graduate hours, professional staff must receive approval by the administration prior to enrolling in the course.
7. Each teacher may be assigned one (1) or more activities to sponsor without an increase in salary.
8. The Board of Education may recognize certification and teaching in high need areas on the salary schedule when it deems it necessary to secure or retain qualified personnel in any area where there is a shortage of qualified staff.
* * * * * * *
|Note: The reader is encouraged to check the index located at the beginning of this section for other pertinent policies and to review administrative procedures and/or forms for related information.|
Legal Refs: §§ 163.172, 168.110 (2), RSMo.
Mo. Const. Art. III, § 38(a), 39(3)
Raymondville R-VII School District, Raymondville, Missouri
© 2001, Missouri School Boards’ Association, Registered in U.S. Copyright Office
For Office Use Only: GCBA-R.1E (8/01)